SSL XLogic Alpha Channel Microphone Preamp and EQ
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha Channel – Here’s a redundant question: How would you like Solid State Logic as a front end for your DAW? Of course you would, but what about the expense? Another redundant question once you get your hands on the SSL XLogic Alpha Channel! With all the features needed to record great vocal or instrument tracks every time, the Alpha Channel offers a recording solution based on SSL’s years of experience in designing the world’s leading analog recording consoles. The superior sonic fidelity, quality and attention to detail that have established SSL as the worlds leading audio console manufacturer here in the XLogic Alpha Channel.
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha Channel at a Glance:
- SSL analog channel processing for your audio workstation
- Pro mic preamp with line and instrument level switching,
- Studio-class EQ, filter and limiter sections
- Variable Harmonic Drive circuit
World-class SSL Analog Sound for your DAW
Building upon the exceptional success of the XLogic range of analog rack processors, the XLogic Alpha Channel is poised to bring the elusive SSL ‘sound’ to a whole new generation of producers and engineers. With all the features needed to record great vocal or instrument tracks, the Alpha Channel offers a studio class mic pre and processing based on SSL’s years of experience in designing the world’s leading analog recording consoles. A huge proportion of the music you know and love was recorded on SSL, renowned for the superior audio qualities you’ve heard on countless hit records. That elusive sonic ingredient is in the Alpha Channel.
Pro Mic Preamp
Alpha Channel offers the classic combination of a studio-class mic preamp, highpass filter, parametric EQ, analog to digital conversion as standard and ‘Lite Limit’ limiting. The preamp is ultra-clean as only SSL can offer, and features line-level and hi-Z instrument input switches, so you can record your guitar, bass, keyboards, and etc direct through your gold SSL channel into your DAW via analog or digital outputs. The Alpha Channel preamp section also offers the features any pro would expect including 48V phantom power, phase invert switches.
Studio-class EQ, Filter and Limiter
The processing section of the XLogic Alpha Channel features a 3-band SSL parametric EQ with mid frequency Q control and dual LF curves, plus a highpass filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cut-off frequency. To keep your input signal from distorting or overloading the built-in limiter features intelligent auto-limiting that maximizes recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping. If SSL processing onboard isn’t enough for you, the XLogic Alpha Channel has an insert send/return system with sync for additional processing, insert sum, or multi unit cascade so you can have a stereo gold channel of SSL or more.
Variable Harmonic Drive Circuit
The SSL XLogic Alpha Channel also features the unique SSL ‘VHD’ (Variable Harmonic Drive) circuit that adds SSL’s classic analog sound to DAW recordings by offering controlled 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion. With its combination of tube-style 2nd harmonic or transistor-style 3rd harmonic degradation, VHD is like a time machine of distortion characteristics.
Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha Channel Features:
- Professional ultra-clean mic preamp with line level & hi-Z instrument input switches
- 48V Phantom Power And Phase Invert Switches
- Variable Harmonic Drive circuit; a “Time Machine” of distortion characteristics
- highpass filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cut-off frequency
- Insert send/return system with sync for additional processing, insert sum or multi unit cascade
- Built-in professional quality analog to digital conversion – as standard
- Auto sample rate sensing and self-adjustment
- Three band SSL parametric EQ with mid frequency Q control and dual LF curves
- Intelligent auto limiting that maximizes recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping
The LA-220 is an articulate and full-bodied FET condenser microphone that punches far above it’s weight. This sonically flexible design is equipped with two dedicated filters for analog sound-shaping, a transformer balanced output for classic harmonic saturation and warmth, and an ultra-low-noise USA made JFET for powerful, present sound. Ideal for use on both Female and Male vocals, as well as percussion, the LA-220 puts the classic qualities of beloved vintage microphones into an accessible package ideal for both home and professional recording studio environments.
- Professional large diaphragm FET studio condenser microphone
- Ideal for capturing vocals and instruments
- Ideal for creating vibrant modern vocals
- High-cut filter tames bright sources
- Low-cut filter removes room rumble and muddiness
- Ultra-low noise USA JFET amplifier for superior solid-state sound
- Includes spider shock mount
- Polypropylene capacitors & resistor
- Vintage inspired transformer balanced output
- Type: 1-inch dual large diaphragm pressure gradient transducer microphone
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Circuit: JFET transistor with transformer balanced output
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Max SPL: Less than 0.5 percent THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Self-Noise Level: 15dB-A
- Sensitivity: 16Mv/Pa – 40dB (0dB =1V/Pa 1kHz)
- Special Features: Selectable, independent 120Hz low-cut & 12kHz high-cut filters
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Power Requirement: +48v phantom power
- Product Code: LA-220