Bettermaker® Stereo Passive Equalizer (SPE) is for those who seek outstanding EQ quality with the convenience of fast and precise recall and automation. SPE offers 100% signal path of legendary Passive filters. All this with mastering grade sound and patented recall with a speed of a native plugin.
The sound of the Stereo Passive Equalizer is of course based on the quality of its analog filters, precisely matched capacitors and inductors. But all the control and user interactions are performed in the digital domain. This allows us to incorporate options and possibilities not found in any standard analog equalizers:
– Instant reset of all parameters
– Rapid, precise and repeatable adjustments
– Precisely linked stereo operation with the ease of a single control
– DAW automation and recall of all available parameters
The digital section of the Stereo passive Equalizer is based around high speed, 32-bit micro-controller, with dedicated firmware programmed into its memory (with the possibility of updating the firmware via USB connection). It controls the parameters af analog filters, watches over the user interface, USB connectivity and other SPE functions.
The Bettermaker Streo Passive Equalizer can communicate with your DAW via USB connection.
The unit appears as a HID device and can be managed via Bettermaker Stereo Passive Equalizer Plugin.
You can program up to 32 snapshots of Stereo Passive Equalizer state that can be triggered by automation.
This way, when you have a mastering session, you can trigger full sets ofparameters from song to song with just one command.
Additionally, the plugin itself offers the new hybrid approach to dio editing. Under Digital HPF section hides our famous 24dB/oct high-pass filter with the engage button below. Above it, hiding under our recognizable „B” you will find some find adjustment functions, but also our very precise FFT analyzer with the digital and analog passive filter curves approximation.
Technical specification (all filters enabled, set flat):
– Maximum input level: +24 dBu (balanced with 48kΩ input impedance)
– Maximum output level: +27 dBu (balanced with 50Ω + 50Ω output impedance)
– Nominal audio level: +4 dBu
– Frequency response: 7 Hz – 30kHz (-0.5 dB, ISO-R40 sweep)
– Frequency flatness: +/- 0.2 dB (20Hz – 20kHz, ISO-R40 sweep)
– Dynamic range: 101 dB (20kHz bandwidth, +24dBu)
– THD+N ratio: 0.009 % (20kHz bandwidth, +4dBu, 1kHz)
– THD ratio: 0.0025 % (+4dBu, 1kHz)
– CMRR: > 70dB (20Hz – 20kHz, IEC 60268-3)
– Crosstalk: > 88dB (20Hz – 20kHz, +18dBu, channel to channel)
– Max LF boost: 15 dB (set to 100 Hz)
– Max LF cut: 16 dB (set to 100 Hz)
– Max HF boost: 18 dB (all frequencies)
– Low boost/cut frequencies: 20, 30, 60, 100 Hz
– High boost frequencies: 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 28 kHz
– High cut frequencies: 5, 10, 20 kHz
– Control Resolution: 101 steps (Lo Boost, Lo Cut, Hi Boost, Bandwidth) & 34 steps (Hi Cut)
– Output gain: +/- 8 dB (0.1 dB resolution)
– Unit height: 2U
– Depth: 140 mm
– AC power consumption: 15W (2W in standby, with included 100-240VAC power adapter)